Senior Platform Engineer
At Deta (https://deta.sh) we are trying to push the limits of two critical technologies — personal and cloud computing — for developers around the world.
As part of our Platform Engineering team, you’ll build delightfully fast global cloud services like Deta Micros & Deta Base, powering the ideas of developers and their applications across the planet.
We’re interested in both generalists and specialists. You could be a cloud head, a distributed systems nerd, virtualization geek, security wiz, or operating systems guru. Join us and never be bored.
Our core stack: Go, Kubernetes, AWS (EKS, EC2, Lambda, etc) and PostgreSQL.
- Spec, code, test, deploy, integrate, secure, scale, maintain and monitor robust and performant services
- Ship (hot)fixes (occasionally on weekends)
- Work with the product team to create new and experimental cloud programs and services
- Always be on the lookout to improve, simplify & modernize our services
The following profile is a just suggestion, and we will hire engineers who don’t satisfy all the requirements but they are amazing at something important.
- +2 years of experience building robust and scalable web services using Go or Rust
- OR +5 years of experience building web services using a different language and a strong willingness to learn Go & Rust
- Extensive Experience with Big Cloud providers like AWS, Azure & GCP
- Solid experience with Kubernetes
- Fluency in SQL
- Solid understanding of large scale, distributed web services
- Solid understanding of virtualization and cloud security
- Ability to write clean, robust, performant, and secure web applications
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of services, even in bad scenarios
Our Typical Process
- Initial Call
- Call with the Deta CEO
- Trial project
- De-brief call & references
🖖 To apply, please send a short note to email@example.com with your CV and any links to things you've built (optional).