Senior Platform Engineer
At Deta we are trying to push the limits of two critical technologies — personal and cloud computing — for developers around the world.
As part of our platform engineering team, you’ll design, build and scale robust and secure distributed systems that are critical to our products and services: Deta Cloud and Deta Space.
- Develop a deep understanding of Deta’s existing infrastructure and our planned projects for the future
- Lead the end to end design and delivery of core services; specification, implementation, testing, security, integration, deployment, scaling, maintaining and monitoring of performant services
- Identify and remove substantial technical debt
- Act as an advocate for adoption of best practices in system design and development standards
The following profile is a just suggestion, and we will hire engineers who don’t satisfy all the requirements but they are amazing at something important.
Our core stack is: Go, Kubernetes, AWS (EKS, EC2, Lambda, etc), Nginx and PostgreSQL.
- Seniority: 4+ years experience, having worked with large scale systems with high usage (large number of requests etc.) is a big plus
- Critical thinking around the architecture and design of a system and making it future-proof in accordance to Deta’s ambitions
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements, breaking down tasks and delivering the launch of the project taking full ownership
- In depth knowledge of linux systems, containerization and deployment technologies
- In depth knowledge of cloud services (aws, gcp etc)
- Good knowledge of security, in depth security knowledge is a massive plus
- Good knowledge of computer networks
- Good knowledge of database systems, in depth knowledge of databases is a plus
- Good knowledge of modern web development technologies and practices
- Good technical communication skills: requirements, features and designs
Our Typical Process
- Initial call
- Skills deep dive
- Call with the Deta CEO
- Trial project
- De-brief & references
🖖 To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and links to things you've built, if you have any.