Senior Frontend Engineer
At Deta we are trying to push the limits of two critical technologies — personal and cloud computing — for developers around the world.
We are looking for a senior frontend engineer to lead the development of delightfully snappy web application experiences. Pushing web technologies to their limits is core to the job.
- Design and implement fast, modern, and efficient web applications
- Building new user-facing features with beautiful and scalable UI components
- Analyze and optimize the performance of our existing applications
- Spec, implement, and maintain the browser SDKs for our cloud services
- Work closely with our product team on new experimental user / developer interfaces
- Wear many hats. We are a small team of generalists, so you shouldn’t be scared of touching the backend from time to time or writing a blog post about a new feature
The following profile is a just suggestion, and we will hire frontend engineers who don’t satisfy all the requirements but they are amazing at something important.
- Comfortable breaking open and understanding the inner workings of web frameworks like React, Vue & Svelte
- You pay attention to details and have a sense for great user experience, and feel when something is off
- Readiness to take slow 100ms times down to 25ms
- Interest in and some experience with WebAssembly is a plus
Our Typical Process
- Initial call
- Skills deep dive
- Call with the Deta CEO
- Trial project
- De-brief & references
🖖 To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV, a cover letter and links to things you've built, if you have any.