Senior Backend Engineer
At Deta we are trying to push the limits of two critical technologies — personal and cloud computing — for developers around the world.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team and help us design and build scalable and reliable backend systems that power our products and services: Deta Cloud and Deta Space.
- You will be responsible for architecting, developing, and maintaining reliable and performant backend systems
- You should be able to take ownership of projects and lead the development efforts, while also being able to collaborate effectively with others and cross-functional teams
- You should act as an advocate for adoption of best practices in backend system design and development standards
The following profile is a just suggestion, and we will hire engineers who don’t satisfy all the requirements but they are amazing at something important.
Our core stack is: Go, Kubernetes, AWS (EKS, EC2, Lambda, etc), Nginx and PostgreSQL.
- 4+ years of experience with backend engineering and design
- Deep experience with modern programming languages, preferably including Go and/or Rust
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms, such as AWS or GCP
- Experience with database design and management
- Experience with developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with Git and version control systems
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Passionate about building scalable and reliable backend systems
Our Typical Process
- Initial call
- Skills deep dive
- Call with the Deta CEO
- Trial project
- De-brief & references
🖖 To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and links to things you've built, if you have any.