SRE / DevOps
At Deta we are trying to push the limits of two critical technologies — personal and cloud computing — for developers around the world.
As part of our platform engineering team, you will improve upon and ensure reliability, availability and scalability across all Deta products and services. You will also be responsible for working together with our platform team in establishing efficient development and release workflows.
- Establish service level objectives for Deta services and ensure they are achieved
- Set up and maintain reliable monitoring, metrics, tracing and reporting systems for granular observability and actionable alerting
- Establish incident response protocols
- Provide advice on architectural decisions focusing on security, scalability and high-performance
- Set up systems to ensure maximum productivity for developers in regularly pushing releases through continuous integration, continuous deployment and release engineering
- Educate and work together with developers on setting up automated systems, improving collaboration, and establishing transparency
The following profile is a just suggestion, and we will hire site reliability engineers / devops who don’t satisfy all the requirements but they are amazing at something important.
Our core stack is: Go, Kubernetes, AWS (EKS, EC2, Lambda, etc) and PostgreSQL.
- Seniority: at least 3+ years experience in a SRE/DevOps role, having worked with large scale distributed systems with high usage (large number of requests etc) is a big plus
- In depth knowledge of linux systems, storage and networking
- In depth knowledge of containerization (docker, containerd etc), virtualization, orchestration (kubernetes, nomad etc) and deployment strategies
- In depth knowledge of cloud services (aws, gcp etc)
- In depth knowledge of monitoring, tracing and alerting systems
- In depth knowledge of CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Good knowledge of infrastructure as code tools
- Experience with a scripting language (bash, python, go etc)
- Good technical communication skills
- Good knowledge of security, in depth security knowledge is a massive plus
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements, breaking down tasks and delivering the launch of the project taking full ownership
- Good knowledge of modern web development technologies and practices
Our Typical Process
- Initial call
- Skills deep dive
- Call with the Deta CEO
- Trial project
- De-brief & references
🖖 To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and links to things you've built, if you have any.