At Deta we are trying to push the limits of two critical technologies — personal and cloud computing — for developers around the world.
We are looking for a highly skilled communicator to join our team as a Developer Advocate. In this role, you will be responsible for educating and supporting the developer community in building apps for the personal cloud.
As a Developer Advocate, you’ll communicate with, and craft fruitful relationships between developers and Deta through content and personal interactions. Due in large part to the Developer Advocate’s work, Deta will have:
- An active and growing community of developers building for the personal cloud
- Great 1-to-1 and 1-to-many communications, through various channels, from Deta to developers. Highlighting Deta Space and keeping it top of mind
- An extensive library of engaging content (videos, blog posts, demo apps) for developers about Deta Space and the personal cloud
- Excellent support for developers building apps for the personal cloud
- Grade-A developer documentation
- Hyper sensitive ears that hear developers’ needs, with a strong voice for these needs internally at Deta
The Developer Advocate will start out as an individual contributor, but within 3 months should be leading large initiatives which drive these outcomes.
The following profile is a just suggestion, and we will hire Developer Advocates who don’t satisfy all the requirements but they are amazing at something important.
- The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable with one-to-many communication
- Excellent storyteller, with the ability to get at the common thread among many seemingly unrelated inputs
- High empathy and good listening skills
- An eye for promising developers and web concepts / applications
- Working from Berlin (can start remotely, with intent to relocate)
Our Typical Process
- Initial call
- Skills deep dive
- Call with the Deta CEO
- Trial project
- De-brief & references
🖖 To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV, a cover letter and links to content and / or things you've created, if you have any.